Monday, January 11, 2010

Sewing a Skirt: Part 2 and Other Crafty Stories

So I asked my Grandma and she said that she was planning on doing skirt A. http://www.butterick.com/item/B5330.htm?search=B5330&page=1 I looked at the directions and it looks pretty easy. Today if I have time I will get out the sewing machine and all of the notions necessary to sew a skirt and get started. I think I should be able to do it on my own! :)



The pattern I'm using (the skirt in the front) and the fabric I'm using.



I slept over at my best friend's house two nights ago and we made charm bracelets! After spending a lot of time in Michael's looking for something to make, we came up with that idea and spent a lot MORE time looking for charms and the materials we needed. We ended up taking home some thin leather strips, some claw hooks and metal circles for the ends, and charms (lockets, flowers, "love" and "laugh", and birds). MearKat and I also got some bigger things to make necklaces. They turned out great! :D





MearKat and I also made and decorated a cake. You know the kind that you cover with fondant, that sugary cornstarch mixture. It was a blue present with yellow polka dots and a green ribbon. We brought it to home group/church and everyone loved it! :) I personally think that fondant is disgusting (unless you get the expensive stuff) but the little kids absoloutly loved the "playdough that you can eat"! ;)





My best friend is amazing! She can knit or crochet something without a pattern! In fact, she is so amazing that she desn't even need to know what size needle/hook she is using or anything! She basically just gets yarn and starts creating. I wish I could do that! I need a pattern or else it would take a million mess ups to make a simple thing... I'll just keep practicing and maybe I can get there one day... :)

P.S. This is my first blog with pictures, so if it's all messed up, you'll know why! ;)

2 comments:

  1. The charm bracelets look really cute. I'm going to tell you how to imbed hyperlinks now. That url you pasted in above "http://www.butterick.com/item/B5330.htm?search=B5330&page=1" can actually be made into a word with a live link that you can just click on really simply. Choose a word as your link text. Like, Here is the pattern. Highlight the text and then at the top of the compose box click the word link. a little window will pop up and ask you to enter the url. Paste it in there and click ok. now you have a hyperlink! Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool! Thanks! that's handy! Oh, and sorry I haven't posted anything in forever... I am sooo busy right now... I will post something as soon as I can get around to it! :)

    ReplyDelete