Thursday, January 7, 2010

My First Post

Hmm... I have a blog. Now to keep it going! (I never finish anything... haha)

Since I love sewing, knitting, crocheting, and cross stitching (not to mention cooking which will be a different blog), I decided to make my first blog about these things. For most of my friends, this blog would be the most boring thing ever!!!! haha! At least I have some who at least knit and crochet. :)

I have found that the best place for free knitting and crocheting patterns would be Lion Brand (http://cache.lionbrand.com/freePatterns.html) or Michael's (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/static?page=Free-Patterns). I actually haven't made that many things yet; I am working on a sweater, I've knitted a couple of scarves and a hat, and I've crocheted little things but nothing big. There are many things I want to make (a cute stuffed crochet bunny on Lion Brand, for example), but I never can get to the store or I just procrastinate too long and forget about it...

My Grandma taught me how to sew, and she, being a experienced sewer, said that McCall's patterns are the best. She says that Simplicity is kind of crappy. So don't buy Simplicity patterns!! ;) (By the way, Butterick and Vogue are owned by McCall's owners I think)

I've recently been itching to sew something. I don't know why, but I really want to!!! Anyway, I got my stuff up from the guesthouse and as soon as I have time, I will look at the patterns I have and see what I can sew. I think I have a pattern for a skirt along with the fabric, thanks to my Grandma! :)

Well, I'm off to knit my sweater! (By the way, I will try to write on here a couple times a week, or whenever I think of something to do with all this)

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to show us pictures of your works in progress. That's always interesting for me. :)

    ReplyDelete