Friday, January 8, 2010

Sewing a Skirt: Part 1

I looked through a little pile of sewing patterns I have and found the one for a skirt that my grandma got (Butterick pattern B5330), along with some fabric we were going to use for it. The only problem is that there are three skirts on the package and I don't know which one she was planning on doing. I would like to do the longest or second longest one, but alas! I don't know how much fabric she got. I don't know, maybe I'm stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how much! I've measured it but I'm not sure which way is which and it's all very confusing... One way was fifty-some inches while the other way (folded in half) was 42in or something... She must have washed it so it probably shrunk a little bit, but I still can't figure out if it's 45" fabric or 60" fabric OR how long it is... I guess I'll have to either consult youtube or e-mail my Grandma for the answer... I'll report once I have received an answer! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment