Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Bag and It's Pattern

Well I suck! I have promised so much and have given so little! Well, actually nothing...

But I have just crocheted a bag! I just sat down one day and started creating. I am quite proud of myself. Even though it was easy. ;)

My mom thinks it is absolutely amazing that I can do that. :)

Well since I've promised you patterns and things, I will tell you how to make this purse. :)


You need:
A little less than a skein of yarn
Size H-8 crochet hook (although I think I crochet loosely so it would probably be more like an I-9)
A button (mine was 1 1/2" wide)
A yarn needle or something for weaving in ends

Note: It's okay if you mess up with the amount of sts you have in each rnd. It doesn't really matter.

BAG
Round 1: Ch 38. 2 dc into 3rd ch from hook. Dc across to end st. Dc 4 times into end st. Kind of turning around and continuing back down the other side, dc into next st and continue to beginning st. Dc 2 times in first st. Slst in first dc you made. (76 sts total)

Round 2: Ch 2. 2 dc in same st as the one the 2 chains are coming out of (ie first st). Dc in the next 36 sts. 2 dc in each of the next 2 sts. Dc in the next 36 sts. 2 dc in last st. Slst into first dc. (80 sts)

Rounds 3-7: Ch 2. Dc in each st around, starting with first st. Slst with beg dc.

Round 8: Ch 1. Sc in each st around, starting with first st. Slst with beg sc.

Round 9: Ch 3. *Tc in first st. Ch 1. Sk st and tc in next st. Repeat from * all the way around. Slst to beg tc.

Round 10: Ch 4. Tc in second st. Ch 1. *Sk next st and tc in next st. Ch 1. Repeat from * all the way around. Slst to ch space at beg.

Round 11: Same as round 9.

Round 12: Ch 1. Sc in each tc and ch sp around to beg. Slst with 1st sc.

Round 13-15: Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Slst with first dc.

Bind off.

STRAPS (make 2)
Round 1: Ch 68. 3 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Dc in each st to end. In last st, dc 6. Kind of turn around and continue down the other side with a dc in each st. Once the last/first st is reached, dc 3. Slst to first dc. Bind off.

CLOSURE
Row 1:
Ch 9. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and all the way across.

Rows 2-11:
Ch 1. Sc in each st across.

Row 12: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Ch 4. Sk 4 sts. Sc2tog in last 2 sts.

Row 13: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Sc in next 2 sts. Sc2tog.

Row 14: Ch 1. Sc2tog 2 times.

Bind off.

FINISHING
Sew straps, closure, and button to bag with yarn and a yarn needle and weave in ends.

Abbreviations:
Ch: chain
Sp(s): space(s)
Sc: single crochet
Dc: double crochet
Tc: triple/treble crochet
Sc2tog: single crochet 2 together
Tog: together
Beg: beginning
St(s): stitch(es)
Slst: slip stitch

Rnd(s): round(s)
Sk: skip

Well I hope you enjoyed my pattern! :D

1 comment:

  1. Oops! I forgot to say that I edged the closure with sc. Just so y'all know! ;)

    ReplyDelete