Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Been a While

Wow! It's been a long time since I've written on here! I kept thinking of it and telling myself to do it right after school, but I forgot over and over again... Well, here it finally is! :)



So I've started crocheting a baby blanket for some friends whose baby is due in a week!!! It's so exciting! I got the pattern from Lion Brand (like I do with all of my patterns). The yarn it said to use (Nature's Choice Organic Cotton) was like $7 a skein and would have cost me like $70! So I got a much cheaper ($3 a skein) yarn (Vanna's Choice Baby by Lion Brand) in green, white, and blue. I don't know if it's going to be a boy or girl, so I hope that it'll be ok for both genders! :)

My sweater is taking a long time... I've been working on the back for months! I never remember to work on it (I'm such a procrastinator) and when I do, it's only one or two rows... I will try to work on it more and maybe finish it by winter this year! :)

Speaking of procrastination, I've stopped working on my skirt... I keep telling myself to work on it, but either I forget or the t.v. or computer distracts me... sigh... I will try to finish it by the end of this week! I know I can if I make myself do it! So anyone who reads this, hold me to that! Remind me sometime in the week so I don't forget! :D

And speaking of sewing, I wonder if I should try to sew a southern belle dress for my homeschool group's spring formal... I've been looking at dresses and they are all so expensive (although I don't know how much cheaper this would be...) and I don't know if the cheaper ones on ebay would fit... maybe I can rent a costume somewhere...

I keep wanting to make a knitting/crocheting video to post on youtube or something, but I never get around to it... haha I'm such a procrastinator...

I will try to keep posting stuff at least once a week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment